1. You MAY submit ONE manuscript to the Writing Contest and ONE piece of art to the Art Contest — these are separate contests.
2. Entry LIMITED TO ONE (1)) original, unpublished, un-agented, un-contracted ENTRY per person.
3. Entries received outside the submission period or not in accordance with the Official Rules will be deleted.
4. Entries must be RECEIVED (time-stamped) between 12:01 am February 1 and 11:59 pm February 28, 2019.
It is a contest rule
that memberships due to expire before June 30 of the contest year
must be renewed before entering the contest.
To Submit Your Entry:
A. Finished size should be 8″ x 10″ or 10″ x 8″ (your choice), any medium except photography.
B. Scan or save the artwork to a file with your name as the title (e.g. “JohnSmith.jpg”). The artwork itself should contain NO signatures, watermarks or any other indication of your name.
C. Submit as a jpg attachment [Tips for reducing file size: do not include layers; save in RGB mode; reduce resolution (72 ppi, minimum)]
YOUR ENTRY must be submitted as a jpg. If you are not sure how to do this, contact Elizabeth Rawls
- Submit entry to CONTEST COORDINATOR at contest email: email@example.com
- Subject line must be NAME_CAROLINAS ART CONTEST
- Your entry name MUSTcorrespond to your membership name
- Your entry email MUSTcorrespond to your membership email
- In the body of the email,
- The medium used
- The story title and audience/book genre you chose
- Your name and email address
Art Contest Prompt:
Theme –YOUR CHOICE
- You may submit an image of your choice using any medium. It must adhere to the guidelines posted.
- While there is no theme this year, your illustration must be professionally finished, such as would be sent to an art director for review. Unfinished or sloppy sketches will not be accepted.
- Challenge – Try adding interesting textures or color to your illustration. Ask yourself – does your illustration clearly convey it’s intention in emotion, action, etc.
The judge will look for polished, professional images that tell a visual story with clarity and nuance.
The contest winners, first, second and third place, receive a formal letter sent USPS, announcing their win. The first place winners are provided the appropriate coupon to register for the conference without charge. Second and third place winners will receive a free review with the faculty member of their choice and are provided the appropriate coupon to register for a review without charge.
Scoring sheets will be returned during the month of July via the contest email: firstname.lastname@example.org