THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO SCBWI MEMBERS LISTED ON THE SCBWI-CAROLINAS MEMBERSHIP ROSTER.
DUES MUST BE CURRENT THROUGH JUNE OF THE CONTEST YEAR.
IF YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS CURRENT BUT DUE TO EXPIRE BEFORE JULY 1 OF THE CONTEST YEAR,
YOU MUST RENEW PRIOR TO SUBMITTING TO THE CONTEST.
• Entries LIMITED TO ONE (1) original, unpublished, un-agented, un-contracted ENTRY per person.
• You MAY submit ONE manuscript to the Writing Contest and ONE piece of art to the Art Contest — these are separate contests.
• Entries must be RECEIVED (TIME-STAMPED) between February 1 at 12:01 AM and February 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
• Entries received outside the submission period or not in accordance with the Official Rules will be deleted.
• Entries MUST BE SUBMITTED in Portable Document Format (PDF) which is downloadable, viewable and can be saved with a new file name upon receipt/download.
• All Entries are submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: LastName_FirstName_TITLE_Category, i.e., Fannin_Teresa_DARKNESS_Novel as listed on your SCBWI membership
In the body of the email, list your LastName, FirstName (as listed on your SCBWI membership), email contact information (as listed on your SCBWI membership), title of work, and contest category only.
Attach one PDF, file labeled: LastName_FirstName_TITLE_CATEGORY, i.e., Fannin_Teresa_DARKNESS_Novel
PDF includes ONE (1) copy of the appropriate number of pages or number of words of your entry category.
PLEASE NOTE: BOTH CATEGORIES NOW INCLUDE FICTION/NONFICTION ENTRIES. WE HAVE ELIMINATED THE NONFICTION CATEGORY FOR THIS WRITING CONTEST.
Picture Books: Poems [no more than four, must be related] & Picture Books, no illustrations, up to 800 words.
Novels: Middle Grade or Young Adult —up to 800 words.
• All entries MUST BE IN manuscript format: 12-point type, Times New Roman, double-spaced; one-inch margins (sides and bottom). See http://www.scbwi.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/From-Keyboard_2014.pdf
• In the top right header FIRST PAGE MUST HAVE TITLE_CATEGORY, i.e., DARKNESS_Novel.
• In the top right header All OTHER PAGES MUST INCLUDE TITLE_CATEGORY_PAGE NUMBER, i.e., DARKNESS_Novel_2
• ALL PAGES MUST BE VOID of writer identification and contact information.
• Winners will be notified VIA EMAIL and announced at www.carolinas.scbwi.org.
• Scoring sheets will be returned via email@example.com after July 15, 2017.
• 1st Place Winner in each category will receive 2017 SCBWI-Carolinas Fall Conference tuition/ AUGUST 25-27, 2017.
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners in each category will receive a Writing Contest Award Certificate at the 2017 Fall Conference.
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners’ names and manuscript titles for each category will be acknowledged at www.carolinas.scbwi.org.
• All qualified entries will receive professional assessment feedback from the judge.
SCBWI-Carolinas reserves the right to withhold prizes in any category with insufficient entries or scores.