THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO SCBWI MEMBERS LISTED ON THE SCBWI-CAROLINAS MEMBERSHIP ROSTER.
DUES MUST BE CURRENT THROUGH JUNE, 2017.
IF YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS CURRENT BUT DUE TO EXPIRE BEFORE JULY 1, 2017,
YOU MUST RENEW PRIOR TO SUBMITTING TO THE CONTEST.
• You MAY submit ONE manuscript to the Writing Contest and ONE piece of art to the Art Contest — these are separate contests.
• Entry LIMITED TO ONE (1) original, unpublished, un-contracted work per person.
• Finished size should be 8" x 10" or 10" x 8" (your choice), any medium except photography.
• Scan or save the artwork to a file with your name as the title (e.g. “JohnSmith.jpg”). The artwork itself should contain NO signatures, watermarks or any other indication of your name.
• Submit as an attachment (.jpg, .pdf, .tif, or .eps) no larger than 2MB* to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org • Subject line should be CAROLINAS ART CONTEST.
*Tips for reducing file size: do not include layers; save in RGB mode; reduce resolution (72 ppi, minimum).
• In the body of the email, please list:
1) the medium used
2) the emotion and age group you chose (see art prompt below)
2) your name and email address
Entries must be RECEIVED (time-stamped) between 12:01 am February 1 and 11:59 pm February 28, 2017.
ART CONTEST PROMPT
A. Choose a feeling and communicate that feeling in your illustration.
Chose one: Boredom • Sadness • Happiness • Fear • Love
B. Choose your age group – ages 0 – 3 OR 3 – 7.
Pay attention to which age group you choose through content, facial expression, body language, setting, and palette.
Size: 8"x10" or 10"x8" – your choice
Your choice of medium
• Winners will be notified VIA EMAIL after June 15, 2017, and announced at www.carolinas.scbwi.org.
• Scoring sheets will be returned via email@example.com after July 15, 2017.
1st Place Winner will receive 2017 SCBWI-Carolinas Fall Conference tuition/ AUGUST 25-27, 2017.
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners in each category will receive a Writing Contest Award Certificate at the 2017 Fall Conference.
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners’ names and manuscript titles for each category will be acknowledged at www.carolinas.scbwi.org.
• All qualified entries will receive professional assessment feedback from the judge.
SCBWI-Carolinas reserves the right to withhold prizes in any category with insufficient entries or scores.