Both chats are free*, hosted at Anymeeting.com and will last about an hour:
The first will be held on Thursday, July 17, at 9 pm EDT, and is for illustrators thinking about attending the conference. Some of the topics we’ll cover:
- what to expect from a portfolio review
- displaying your portfolio
- formatting images for First Impressions
- completing the Intensive assignment
- taking advantage of the promo postcard opportunity
- choosing a breakout track
- can I have my books in the conference bookstore?
Those interested in attending should email Bonnie Adamson before the 17th in order to receive log-in instructions.
The second Live Chat is for everyone registered for the conference. It will be held on Thursday, September 11, at 9 pm EDT. This will be your opportunity to ask any last-minute questions, from what to wear (layers! the meeting rooms are cold!) to where to grab lunch Friday before the festivities start, and to get a better idea of what to expect from the conference schedule. Everyone registered for the conference as of the day before the chat will receive an invitation with log-in information.
*There is no fee to participate. Anymeeting gives you the option of attending via computer or phone—if you are dialing in by phone, long-distance charges may apply.